Photobucket
www.flickr.com

15 January 2008

angry pedestrian chronicles

Which is worse? Jaywalking or gridlock (as in stopping your vehicle in the middle of an intersection).

I recently got lectured by a police officer for jaywalking while there was gridlock. Honestly, it was the safest possible time to cross the street. Even if someone ran the light they wouldn't have been able to hit me. Of course, this particular officer's main complaint about my actions had to do with the fact that I was jaywalking right in front of him and "how does that make a police officer look if you jaywalk right in front of them and they don't do anything about it?"

So, I learned my lesson. When I cross against the light at that intersection I check first for a police officer, then for traffic, then I cross.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

absolutely hilarious!