Photobucket
www.flickr.com

30 April 2008

Jon Gitelson at Nelson Hancock Gallery


A friend of mine in Chicago, Jon Gitelson, is having an exhibition of some of his books in New York. I was excited to see that one of the examples from the books was a picture that I posed for (see above).

For those of you in NY or traveling through, I have two exhibitions opening this month that should be pretty great.
The first show is at The Nelson Hancock Gallery in Dumbo and it opens this Thursday (May 1st).


This is a one man show featuring four of my artist's books, one video and ten framed photographs.
The books that will be included are: "The Scavenger Hunt," "If I Had A Girlfriend," "I Wave in Front Of Every Apartment I've Ever Lived In Except for One" and "The Ballad of Carl Wilson."
I will also be showing the film: "I Wave in Front Of Every Apartment I've Ever Lived In Except for One" and ten images from my series, "Dream Job."

Pieces from this show will also be appearing at The Affordable Art Fair in NY on June 12-15:

__________________________________________________________________

The second exhibition will be at The NY Photo Festival which will take place in Dumbo on May 14-17.
I will be showing five photographs from my series, "Items Of Clothing Secretly Hidden By My Girlfriend (So That I Wouldn't Wear Them Anymore)" in The Museum of Contemporary Photography Pavilion:

http://www.nyphotofestival.com/TheFuture.html

1 comment:

Missy Weimer said...

You are a star!!