Photobucket
www.flickr.com

13 August 2010

visualized demographics

Adler Planetarium 
I've been toying with a new photo project. Taking a sequence of images at a given location and editing which people exist in the image together. The images that I've taken so far look benign at first glance. Like a snapshot of a crowded place. The detail that everyone in the image has something in common isn't immediately apparent, especially if you only see one of the photographs. I'm separating out different segments of the population and deciding who will coexist in this moment. Currently I don't care about demographics in the sense that I want to know relative numbers of each kind of person present. I'm more interested in looking at the scene and imagining what it would be like if only children were present, or women, or men.

No comments: