Photobucket
www.flickr.com

09 January 2008

"no, I don't own a tv"

I like telling people I don't own a tv. It gives me that fleeting and false sense of superiority that we all love so much from time to time.

The truth of the matter is that I watch a hell of a lot of tv for not owning a tv.

There are a whole slew of ways to watch tv shows online now. Some legal ways, like hulu (requires registration, but the less kosher openhulu does not, probably won't be around for long), fancast, or a good old itunes download (costs money). Then there are the not so legal ways, but we don't need to get into that here (1,2,3).

...and I will even sit happily through the commercials that they insert into these online sources as soon as the writers strike is over and the writers are getting a piece of the pie.