Photobucket
www.flickr.com

08 January 2008

what I'm doing when I say I'm reading the news

Just to be a Google dork for a minute here, I am anxious for more people to start using Google Reader. It is a centralized place to read all the rss feeds, blogs, news, etc... that one would normally navigate to a bunch of separate websites to read. It's like having your own newspaper that you've hand picked all the writers for and only has sections that you're interested in.

I'm mostly interested in my friends using it for the shared items feature that allows you to mark an item quickly and let your contacts from Google Talk and Gmail chat see it. So even if I'm not subscribed to a feed I can still see an article that a friend thinks is interesting.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

how do you think I found out that you had updated your blog?

I'm totally ready to start the sharing.