Photobucket
www.flickr.com

04 December 2010

20101204


This is a camera mount that I built for a small Canon point and shoot that I use to make timelapse videos. The stand is built on top of a kitchen timer so that the camera will pan slowly throughout the timelapse. It isn't a great implementation because it doesn't hold the camera very steady. The timelapse doesn't end up being very fluid. It actually gives it sort of a handheld feel for better or for worse. It also has a tendency to stop because of the way I centered the camera on top of it, it isn't very well balanced. I chose to center the focal point of the lens over the pivot point instead of centering the camera for weight balance. Here are a couple examples of timelapse videos shot using this mount: Happy Dog Gallery Install, Lincoln's Birthday Celebration.
The image above is made up of video stills that I grabbed from footage I was using to test the macro setting on a pocket camcorder. I like this camera mount as an object. Its aesthetic value will probably save it from being torn apart when I construct version two.

No comments: